Tue, Apr 16|
University of Toronto - Facilities Management (3302)
Unlock the keys to effective Facilities Management. Join our Facilities Management course at the University of Toronto and elevate your skills in managing, optimizing, and enhancing physical spaces. Learn from industry experts and stay ahead in the world of facility performance.
Time & Location
Apr 16, 2024, 6:00 p.m. EDT – Jun 18, 2024, 9:00 p.m. EDT
About the event
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Delivered in condensed format over 17 sessions, this course focuses on the full spectrum of roles and responsibilities of a facilities manager, including leadership and change management, effective communication, negotiation, team work, and conflict resolution. It also covers key business processes, real property assets and technological and knowledge resources. You'll learn how to manage risks and security, ensure business continuity and use technology in ways that are sustainable and smart. Other key topics include budgeting, capital planning, energy management and benchmarking.
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE FULFILS THE REQUIREMENT FOR A CERTIFICATE IN FACILITIES MANAGEMENT.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Acquire and apply fundamental tools for planning, financial and project management, operations and maintenance, and accommodation planning
- An overview of legal and regulatory issues that affect the built environment
- Skills for managing multi-disciplinary teams, including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Manage risks and security and ensure business continuity
- Effective use of systems for data and information management
Successful completion of this course endows learners with a Certificate in Facilities Management. Learners will complete synchronous and asynchronous activities and participate in webinars, team projects, team presentations, and discussions.
Need PMI Professional Development Units (PDUs) to maintain your PMP and other certifications? Click here to learn more about PMI Professional Development Units.